Monday, April 7, 2008

Sights and Sounds of Guatemala


  • Our Anti-malaria medication that we take weekly makes Jay have diarrhea the day after we've taken it.

  • I found myself wishing that I could get laundry lesssons. Washing clothes by hand is not as easy as it looks!

  • Who knew that being in the back of a small pick up truck holding on for dear life could be as entertaining as TV - the view breath taking, great people watching opportunities and it is cheap,

  • Samana Santa was unparalled

  • Chicken bus is not a figure of speech! Clucking baskets and bags are a common sight. The grunting ones worry me - bacon in the morning :0) So far we've squeezed 28 people onto the back of a truck and 27 into a mini-bus collectivo.

  • The most deadly mode of transportation is the lavishly decorated school buses that are driven at top speed. The death defying driver assistants hanging precariously off the back, on the top or out the side door, no matter how close the cliff's edge is or how fast the bus is moving. The air horn used to get people's attention and to notify the masses of their presence is not appreciated at 4 am.



Sights of Guatemala

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.