The highlight of this place was how it met and exceeded our expectations. We arrived to pouring rain. Now this might make you envious (oops :o) but since arriving In Mexico we've had one rain storm that we can remember. The rain lasted less than one hour and that was over two months ago. So our plan of sleeping in the jungle in hammocks was less appealing.
Instead we got a little cabana. The rain continued for two days, but that the only things that impacted was not being able to hear howler monkeys or see much wildlife. And I am still a little disappointed about that. Seeing the ruins in the rain means way less people and a more mysterious aura.
The first night we stayed there I got sick. It started with tummy cramps and in the end I was left with a cold, some where in between there was a fever. Jay took really good care of me. I was waking up every hour or two and it turned out that so was he, though normally Jay sleeps through that. Him being there to reassure me made it much more bearable.
![]() |
| Palenque |

No comments:
Post a Comment